In this one-day course, the student will be introduced to the unique world of traditional Japanese bladesmithing. This class is observatory and requires no physical participation by the student. Murray Carter will demonstrate the complete process of making a Japanese laminated kitchen knife.
Topics to include:
• The Philosophy of Japanese Metallurgy
• The Five Criteria for Superior Cutlery
• Expose on Laminates vs. Homogenous Steel Blades
• Practical Parameters of Cutlery Design
• Slide show presentation of bladesmithing in Japan.
Travel and lodging are at the student's expense.