Murray Carter, 17th Generation Yoshimoto Bladesmith and Hap Stanley, founder of NanoHone Abrasives, have combined their 80 years of hand sharpening experience for your benefit. In this historic ‘hands-on’ two day event, learn the “Carter-Stanley Method” directly from the masters in a private setting of only 8 students. Guaranteed Results! Since 2006, sharpening students from around the world have traveled to Oregon and Massachusetts to learn directly from Murray and Hap at a cost of several thousands of dollars…Now you can take advantage of this personal instruction for a fraction of that cost!
Join in on the Activities!
- A mini ‘knife and abrasives’ show and sale
- Q&A time with Murray and Hap
- Round table discussion of modern powder steels
- Hockey puck cutting challenge
Food and refreshments will be provided throughout the event
Location: The Home2 suites by Hilton
603 Navarro St, San Antonio, TX 78205
There is a room block reserved for workshop attendees at a special discount. Please book here or contact us to be put in the room block.
- January 31st – Meet and Greet with refreshments – 5:00-7:00pm
- February 1st – Classes – 9:00-12:00am and 1:30-4:30pm
- February 2nd – Classes – 9:00-12:00am and 1:30-4:30pm
Cost: $225 for a two day admission to observe
$385 for the all inclusive hands-on sharpening class.